To be an institute par excellence for perfect pharmacists
- To impart Quality Pharmacy Education to cater to the evolving needs of the Students, Industries, and the Society at large.
- To be a learning organization with a commitment to learn , adapt and change as a means to continuous improvement.
- To foster and disseminate High Quality Research and creative work which enhances Learning and contributes to the advancement of knowledge.
- To build an Active and Response relationship with internal and external stake holders.
Program Edu Obj(PEOs):
Upon completion of the B. Pharm. program, graduates will be:
- Highly productive professionals and leaders to serve the health care needs of the society.
- Effective collaborators / innovators in efforts to address social, technical and pharmacy professional challenges.
- Responsible citizens with high integrity and ethical values in all walks of life.
1. Possess knowledge and comprehension of the core and basic
knowledge associated with the profession of pharmacy, including biomedical sciences;pharmaceutical sciences; behavioral, social, and administrative pharmacy sciences; and manufacturing practices.
2. Demonstrate effective planning abilities including time management,resource management, delegation skills and organizational skills. Develop and implement plans and organize work to meet deadlines.
3. Utilize the principles of scientific enquiry, thinking analytically, clearly and critically, while solving problems and making decisions during daily practice. Find, analyze, evaluate and apply information systematically and shall make defensible decisions.
Modern tool usage:
4. Learn, select, and apply appropriate methods and procedures, resources, and modern pharmacy-related computing tools with an understanding of the limitations.
5. Understand and consider the human reaction to change, motivation
issues, leadership and team-building when planning changes required for fulfillment of practice, professional and societal responsibilities. Assume participatory roles as responsible citizens or leadership roles when appropriate to facilitate improvement in health and wellbeing.
6. Understand, analyze and communicate the value of their professional roles in society (e.g. health care professionals, promoters of health, educators, managers, employers, employees.
7. Honour personal values and apply ethical principles in professional and social contexts. Demonstrate behavior that recognizes cultural and personal variability in values, communication and lifestyles. Use ethical frameworks; apply ethical principles while making decisions and take responsibility for the outcomes associated with the decisions.
8. Communicate effectively with the pharmacy community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports, make effective presentations and documentation, and give and receive clear instructions.
The Pharmacist and society:
9. Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety and legal issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional pharmacy practice.
Environment and sustainability:
10. Understand the impact of the professional pharmacy solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
11. Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change. Selfassess and use feedback effectively from others to identify learning needs and to satisfy these needs on an ongoing basis.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm):
Duration Of Course
The course is of four academic years (spread over 8 semesters) and the course is of three academic years (6 semester) for lateral entry students.
Minimum Qualification For Admission
- Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics/Computer Sciences/Biotechnology/Biology. Obtained at least 45% marks in the above subjects taken together.
- For lateral entry in 2nd year B.Pharm for D.Pharm candidates passed from an AICTE approved institution with at least 50% marks.
- 5% relaxation in Minimum eligibility criteria for SC/ ST category.
| ||Ist Sem. B.PHARM (PCI Syllabus) ||IInd Sem. B.PHARM (PCI Syllabus) |
| ||Human Anatomy & Physiology-I || ||Human Anatomy & Physiology-II |
|Pharmaceutical Analysis-I||Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry-I|
|Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry||Pathophysiology|
|Communication Skills*||Computer Applications in Pharmacy*|
|Remedial Biology/Mathematics*||Environmental Sciences|
|*Non University Examination (NUE)|
| ||IIIrd Sem. B.PHARM (PCI Syllabus) ||IV th Sem. B.PHARM (PCI Syllabus) |
| ||Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry II. || ||Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry III. |
|Biochemistry.||Medicinal Chemistry I.|
|Pharmaceutical Microbiology.||Physical Pharmaceutics II. |
|Pharmaceutical Engineering.||Pharmacology I.|
|Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence.||Pharmacognosy I|
| ||V th Sem. B.PHARM (KAHER Syllabus) ||VI th Sem. B.PHARM (KAHER Syllabus) |
| ||Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence. || ||Medicinal Chemistry-I. |
|Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. || ||Biopharmaceutics& Pharmacokinetics.|
|Chemistry of Natural Products.||Pharmaceutical Management & Marketing|
VII th Sem. B.PHARM (KAHER Syllabus) || ||VIII th Sem. B.PHARM (KAHER Syllabus) |
| ||Pharmacology-III. || ||Pharmacology-III. |
|Pharmaceutical Technology-II.||Medicinal Chemistry-III|
|Hospital Pharmacy.||Adavanced Pharmaceutics.|
|Pharmacy Practice.||Industrial Pharmacognosy.|